Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27th – 8 weeks Post Procedure

Wow, I can’t believe it has been 8 weeks since I was in Poland getting angioplasty in my blocked jugular veins. I am so fortunate and grateful that I was able to get this procedure. Although I felt that I had a setback a few weeks ago, I am now feeling energetic and good again. My balance, energy and endurance is noticeably better and I do not experience the total feeling of exhaustion when performing tasks that I used to feel prior to going to Poland.

Being diagnosed secondary progressive left me with nothing to look forward, as there is no treatment for this stage of the disease. I now feel like my body is in a healing mode and that the blood in my brain is now flowing properly and with time will dispose of the excess iron buildup

Since coming back from Poland I have really tried to stick with a heart healthy diet, low in saturated fat, processed food and eating more fruits and vegetables as this is so important in keeping the blood flowing. Exercise is another thing that is good for my circulatory system and I have slowly started incorporating easy exercises and stretching in my daily routine.

I strongly believe that I will continue to improve and look forward to more positive posts in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment