Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sept. 16 - 11 weeks post procedure

I have not updated my blog for 3 weeks now as I don't have any changes to report.  Last week I was having a lot of back pain but this week it is much better. Next Friday I have a follow-up appointment for a doppler ultrasound here in Canada at Barrie Vascular Imaging in Barrie, Ontario.  The couple I went to Poland with had their appointment last week and they found that both his jugulars were still flowing perfectly.  He also has seen marked improvement since his return from Poland were he had both jugulars ballooned.

Something interesting is that one of the ladies that I went to Poland with, had a second procedure done in California last week.  Since she had not felt any improvements from her trip to Poland, she sent her scans to a radiologist in her home state of California who is now treating CCSVI.  Here is a brief summary of her 2nd procedure 

"So my wife had her 2nd round yesterday, with Dr Arata.  RIJV 80% blocked, ballooned to 16mm (low pressure). LIJV stent seems to have migrated a tad in its first week, still stenosed rather badly, some 12mm high-pressure ballooning seemed to help there, but the flow was still slow. He checked her left sinusoid vein, nothing to fix. AZY had a pretty bad stenosis that he ballooned with 8mm and 10mm.  Heading to Hubbard for a follow-up scan at noon."

Waiting to hear how she is doing!

If anyone is interested and since there might not be such a long waiting list as Dr. Siskin in Albany NY, here is the information for Dr. Arata in California.  Michael Arata, Pacific Interventionalists (Newport Beach in Southern California). He's been doing veins for 20 years and May-Thurner for 10. (949) 221-0128 and 221-0129

No comments:

Post a Comment