Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday, July 7

Today I woke up with a headache. I had just a discomfort in my upper neck the last few days but today it is worse. From what I read on the forum, many people get a headache following the procedure. Besides that everything else is still as it was.

I forgot to mention that the doctor put me on the following medications :
Clexane injections - 60 mg for 14 days
Plavix - 75 mg for 30 days
Aspirin - 150 mg for 30 days

I have pills that I usually take at the onset of a headache called "Amerge" but I worry about drug interaction, so I continue to suffer with the headache.

I also read on the CCSVI Facebook group that exercise and diet are so important in keeping blood flowing. So I will follow these recommendations as best that I can.

***Eat a heart healthy diet! Lots of good leafy greens, fruits and veggies. Limit saturated fats (like red meat) and stick to lean, white meat protein. Fish is a terrific choice. Stay clear of man made fats and anything that has too many ingredients (like overly processed foods.) No fructose corn syrup or transfats. Eat a good, whole food diet- like the Best Bet Diet or Dr. Swank's MS Diet.
***Move as much as you are able. Exercise- whether it is a stationary bike, seated exercise, water aerobics or yoga- is good for your circulatory system and will keep blood flowing.
***Try to limit stress. Cortisol, the hormone released when we stress out, closes down blood vessels (called vasoconstriction) Prayer and meditation can really help. Laughter actually opens blood vessels up! Try to find joy everyday...with your children, pets, funny movies, good books.
***Alcohol is OK...but only small amounts. A glass of wine opens up blood vessels a bit...but any more than one drink becomes constrictive.
***Get some sun on your face. Vitamin D helps the body utilize oxygen and is a vasodilator. If you have no sun in your area, try a sun lamp and take a vitamin D supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment